Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a treatment. If a client fails to cancel within 24 hours, they will be charged 100% of the scheduled treatment rate. Unless client can prove an unavoidable emergency, this policy will remain with no acceptations.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
We regret that late arrivals will not receive extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases, and when our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be at our discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. The original reservation fee will be charged.
NO SHOW POLICY
Clients who fail to show for appointments will be charge 100% and may be asked to pre-pay for future services. It is important that our massage therapists are compensated for reserved time slots
Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit we will discuss massage therapy policies and procedures and will ask for your verbal consent to such practices.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
- Elevate(s) therapists are licensed professionals and held to the highest standards of the American Massage Therapy Association and of the Hawaii state law for Massage Therapy.
- Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well being of the client.
- Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor’s supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a political, private or sexual nature.
- We offer an NDA if required by the clientelle
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
- Elevate(s) Massage Therapists are happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave; the therapy door is never locked.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped.
- Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment – or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
- The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained. Also, hip & gluteal area will be massaged only with permission and can be worked through the draping if requested.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
- For clients undergoing chemo and radiation therapies Please note that we require a doctor’s note that states the doctor is aware of and agrees to the desired treatment.